Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Finished in August

Here is my last entry to "finish it in the month of August". I made 6 Christmas pillow cases for my nieces, nephews, and son. I actually finished these over the weekend but had problems with getting the photos taken so I could post. Always excuses I know! I got the fabric from The Fat Quarter Shop's Christmas Cloth Store. They have an awesome selection and it was so hard to choose. That place is my online "Candy Shop"!!
I'm so glad I got these done ahead of time because they have to be shipped across the pond to Denmark and Germany along with some other handmades. I'm really trying to do another hand made Christmas this year. I have many things to create, and I've got a great start!

So to sum up my August finishes:

1. "Seeing Stars"quilted, binding done, labeled

2. "Kaleidoscope" quilt top complete

3. BOM flying geese sashing strips and borders, quilt top complete

4. "Falling Leaves" wallhanging, wiped off dust bunnies and finished applique...top done

5. "Sew Square Pear" Tablerunner quilted and complete

6. 6 pillowcases made

7. Pink knit socks...I know it's not a quilt but they got done!

8. Something I can't talk about because my sister is reading this!!

Whew!! I'm just amazed at how much I got done. Thanks to Kim for the kick in the pants! Check out her blog Kim's Big Quilting Adventure to see what everyone else has done. There were some very busy girls that completed some amazing projects in August.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes I am reading this!!! You did finish a lot and it's great seeing all the pics. I can't believe you didn't spill the bean on what you made me...!

Jan said...

Adorable pillow cases DeeLee! What great gifts :) And congratulations on such a successful August! All you gals in the challenge put me to shame, that's for sure.